Program DETAILS... 2023-24 school year
We are offering two rounds of grant applications - one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester.
who is eligible?
- Senior High/Middle School Family and Consumer Science Classrooms
- Senior High/Middle School Agriculture Education Classrooms
Beef & Veal Grant Guidelines
- If you are a teacher and would like to apply for the Beef & Veal in the Classroom Grant, you must fill out the Application Form. Keep in mind, available funds are limited, so be sure to send your application in as soon as possible! We will be accepting applications for Fall 2023 semester until September 30, 2023.
- Program funds may only be used to purchase beef and veal (can be fresh, frozen or fully cooked).
- Once your grant application is received and approved, you will receive confirmation from the Wisconsin Beef Council. Fall grant dollars should be spent during the 2023 Fall Semester.
- After you have completed your in-class lesson and used the grant to purchase beef, you will need to fill out the Beef & Veal in the Classroom Evaluation/Reimbursement Form in order to be reimbursed. You will need to scan your beef purchase receipts and include in this form.
- Completed Evaluation Form, including receipts, is due to the WBC office by January 15, 2024 for FALL 2023 semester AND June 15, 2024 for SPRING 2024 semester.
- After receiving the completed evaluation form and grocery receipts for beef purchases, the Wisconsin Beef Council will reimburse you. Checks will be made out to schools only. No check will be issued to an individual. Checks will not be issued without receipts and a completed evaluation form.
- Please be judicious with your spending/purchasing of beef and take into consideration your class size. We want to be able to provide assistance to as many school districts as possible with the funds we have available.
- Please Note: Funds can only be used in a classroom or lab setting. Funds cannot be used for school BBQ’s or other school functions. A new application form must be filled out for each semester of the 2023-24 school year.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the school’s ability to receive funds in the future.
For questions or concerns please contact angie horkan at 608.833.9941 or [email protected].