Makes 4 servings
Bowls with Balance - Korean
Explore the tantalizing flavors of Korea with bold kimchi and a blend of crunchy veggies and lean New York Strip Steak.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups assorted vegetables, such as shredded or thinly sliced red or green cabbage, shredded carrots, broccoli florets, sliced cucumber, all cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, whisk together soy sauce and sesame oil in small bowl; set aside.
To serve, divide rice evenly among four bowls. Top rice with vegetables and kimchi.
Carve steaks into thin strips; divide evenly among bowls. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
391 Calories; 14g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 67mg Cholesterol; 901mg Sodium; 33g Total carbohydrate; 32g Protein; 3.3mg Iron; 8.9mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 101mg Choline; 1.4mcg Vitamin B12; 5.4mg Zinc; 29.4mcg Selenium; 5.6g Fiber.