Makes 10 servings
Spicy Korean Beef & Cucumber Appetizer
Slices of cucumber are topped with beef Strip Steak, herbed cream cheese and a spicy Asian Sauce. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced 1/8 inch thick (18 to 24 slices)
- 1/4 cup Korean red chili sauce (Gochujang)
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Micro greens, chopped kimchi, chopped roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, sliced scallions
Combine cream cheese, green onion, cilantro and soy sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Combine gochujang, vinegar, honey and garlic powder in medium bowl; set aside.
Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm.
To assemble, top each cucumber slice with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Dice steak into bite-size pieces; toss in gochujang mixture. Top cream cheese mixture with steak. Garnish with micro greens, kimchi, peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro and scallions, if desired.
122 Calories; 4.9g Total Fat; 2.3g Saturated Fat; 0.2g Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.8g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.2g Trans Fat; 37.4mg Cholesterol; 224.4mg Sodium; 212mg Potassium; 7.7g Total carbohydrate; 11.8g Protein; 1.4mg Iron; 4.1mg Niacin; 0.3mg Vitamin B6; 27mg Choline; 1.6mcg Vitamin B12; 1.6mg Zinc; 9.7mcg Selenium; 0.8g Fiber.