20 to 25 minutes
Makes 16 hand-held salads
Inside-Out Grilled Steak Salad
Hand-held salads that pack a crunchy punch. Grilled and sliced Strip Steak wrapped in lettuce leaves, topped with your choice of veggies and cheese crumbles.
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 16 Boston or butter lettuce leaves (about 4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 2 cups thin assorted vegetable strips, such as cucumber, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed or frozen peas or corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat or regular vinaigrette (any variety)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind or cracked black pepper
Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Cook's Tip: To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
90 Calories; 4.5g Total Fat; 1.5g Saturated Fat; 0.4g Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.7g Monounsaturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 25mg Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium; 175.4mg Potassium; 3g Total carbohydrate; 9g Protein; 1mg Iron; 3.6mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 33mg Choline; 0.5mcg Vitamin B12; 1.6mg Zinc; 9.6mcg Selenium; 1g Fiber.