HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 9 hours
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Lazy Day Beef & Vegetable Soup
A lazy day needn’t mean time off from a healthy meal. Beef up your zinc levels for a healthy immune system with this smart-but-satisfying soup of Stew Meat, chickpeas, veggies and pasta.
- 2-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese (optional)
Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or on LOW 8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta. Continue cooking, covered, 1 hour or until beef and pasta are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir well before serving. Serve with cheese, if desired.
453 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 143mg Cholesterol; 763mg Sodium; 33g Total carbohydrate; 55g Protein; 5.8mg Iron; 6.9mg Niacin; 1.1mg Vitamin B6; 168.6mg Choline; 3.9mcg Vitamin B12; 12.5mg Zinc; 50.5mcg Selenium; 5.9g Fiber.340 Calories; 8g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 107mg Cholesterol; 573mg Sodium; 25g Total carbohydrate; 41g Protein; 4.4mg Iron; 5.2mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 126.4mg Choline; 2.9mcg Vitamin B12; 9.4mg Zinc; 37.9mcg Selenium; 4.4g Fiber.