Makes 6 servings
Wild Mushroom Beef Stew
This hearty stew features tender chunks of beef with potatoes, garlic, assorted mushrooms and carrots.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini and oyster, cut into quarters
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
Combine beef Stew Meat, flour, salt, thyme and pepper in large bowl; toss to coat. Place beef mixture in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add broth mixture to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or on LOW 8 to 9 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
273 Calories; 6.2g Total Fat; 2.5g Saturated Fat; 0.6g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.3g Trans Fat; 84mg Cholesterol; 611mg Sodium; 925mg Potassium; 22.3g Total carbohydrate; 31.7g Protein; 4mg Iron; 6.6mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 112.5mg Choline; 2.3mcg Vitamin B12; 7.7mg Zinc; 35.8mcg Selenium; 2.9g Fiber.