Makes 4 servings
Beef Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad
Ready in just 25 minutes, this will be a go-to for quick & nutritious weeknight meals.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green ripe pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Season beef Tenderloin Steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt, as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Cook's Tip: To toast pecans, spread in single layer on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) Set aside to cool.
Test Kitchen Tips
To toast pecans, spread in single layer on metal baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. (Watch carefully to prevent burning.) Set aside to cool.
386 Calories; 18.5g Total Fat; 3.6g Saturated Fat; 3.6g Polyunsaturated Fat; 10.2g Monounsaturated Fat; 0.3g Trans Fat; 68mg Cholesterol; 278mg Sodium; 557mg Potassium; 24.5g Total carbohydrate; 24.8g Protein; 3.8mg Iron; 4.9mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 57.1mg Choline; 3.3mcg Vitamin B12; 4.2mg Zinc; 21.1mcg Selenium; 4.2g Fiber.