25 to 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Beef & Egg Tamale Skillet
Breakfast, brunch, and dinner, this recipe is a winner! Using leftover or pre-cooked beef means you can have this dish on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 12 ounces cooked beef (such as roast, steak or pot roast), cut into bite-size pieces or shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 to 3 cups (2 ounces) baked or regular tortilla chips
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Additional salsa, sour cream, lime wedges, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Add eggs and tortilla chips. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until eggs begin to set, stirring constantly. Stir in beef and salsa; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until beef is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Sprinkle with cheese, if desired; remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 1 minute. Serve with Toppings, as desired.
352 Calories; 16g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 3mg Cholesterol; 584mg Sodium; 19g Total carbohydrate; 34g Protein; 2.7mg Iron; 8.7mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 241.1mg Choline; 1.8mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2mg Zinc; 43.6mcg Selenium; 1.6g Fiber.