30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Simple Beef and Brew Chili
Whip up this delicious chili that combines the flavors of Ground Beef, beer, black beans, tomatoes and chili seasonings for your next football game.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sodium or regular black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) light beer or 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 packet (1-1/4 ounces) reduced-sodium or regular chili seasoning mix
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced green onions, sliced Serrano or jalapeño peppers, chopped onions, lime wedges and tortilla chips (optional)
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Stir in beans, tomatoes, beer and chili seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally. Serve with toppings, as desired.
253 Calories; 5g Total Fat; 2g Saturated Fat; 0g Monounsaturated Fat; 65mg Cholesterol; 717mg Sodium; 22g Total carbohydrate; 28g Protein; 4.4mg Iron; 5.7mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 89.5mg Choline; 2.1mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3mg Zinc; 17.9mcg Selenium; 5.8g Fiber.