Beef & Veal in the Classroom Guidelines & Application
Beef & Veal Grant Guidelines
- The educator must complete the Beef & Veal in the Classroom Application Form in order to be approved to receive reimbursement. Keep in mind there is only a limited number of funds available so be sure to send your application in as soon as possible! Application Form can be found here: https://www.beeftips.com/resources
- Only beef may be purchased with program funds (meat can be fresh, frozen or fully cooked).
- The beef must be used for Family and Consumer Science curriculum only.
- Once approved, the educator will receive confirmation from the Wisconsin Beef Council.
- Grants may be used in either the fall or spring semesters.
- The educator can then conduct the beef lesson anytime from September 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019.
- The educator will then complete the Beef & Veal in the Classroom Evaluation Form, along with the receipt for beef purchases to the Wisconsin Beef Council for reimbursement. All receipts must be submitted to the Wisconsin Beef Council in a timely manner. Use the form found here: https://www.beeftips.com/resources
- After receiving the completed Evaluation Form and grocery receipt for beef purchases, the Wisconsin Beef Council will reimburse each school up to $300 (based on class size). The check will be made out to the school. No check will be issued to an individual. Checks will not be issued without receipt and Evaluation Form.
- Please be judicious with your spending/purchasing of beef and take into consideration your class size. We want to be able to provide assistance to as many school districts as possible with the funds we have available.
- Funds can only be used in a classroom or lab setting. Funds cannot be used for school BBQ’s or other school functions.
- A new Application Form must be filled out for each new school year.
- Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the school’s ability to receive funds in the future.
For Questions or Concerns please contact:
Wisconsin Beef Council
632 Grand Canyon Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53719
Submit form prior to October 22, 2018