- 6 Hours 10 Minutes
- Serving 4 to 6
- 2 pounds Beef Round Steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (24 oz) jar Mango Salsa (or any other fruit-based jar of salsa)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango (fresh, frozen or jarred)
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen pepper and onion blend
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add Round Steak and brown on all sides. Place beef in a 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker.
2. Top with mango, peppers and onions. Stir the salsa and garlic together and pour on top, stir and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
4. Serve over brown rice.
- Alternate Cooking Method
- Recipe can be prepared in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Add the olive oil to the pressure cooker and turn onto Sauté. Brown beef chunks, working in batches if needed. Add salsa, mango, peppers and onions, garlic, salt and pepper to pressure cooker, stir well. Close and lock pressure cooker. Set to Meat/Stew or high-pressure setting for 40 minutes. Use quick release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. Serve over brown rice.
- Recipe courtesy of Amee’s Savory Dish