- 10-15 Minutes
- Makes 2 LARGE Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices fresh pumpernickel or marbled rye bread
- 1 tbs Russian dressing
- 3/4 cup fresh homemade coleslaw
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 lbs sliced leftover Corned Beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
2. Smear one side of each slice of bread with the Russian dressing. Pile generous portions of coleslaw over the bottoms. Season with salt and pepper if desired. top with even more generous portions of sliced corned beef and a slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread halves.
3. Melt the butter in the skillet and place the sandwiches in. Press each to get a good brown on the bottom of the sandwich and cook 3 to 4 minutes before flipping and finishing off the other side to a nice toasted golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes longer. The cheese should be melted and things should be starting to get messy.
4. Serve with pickles.
Recipe courtesy of Girl Carnivore