30 to 35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Champagne Steak Salad with Blue Cheese
Grilled steak and peppers grace the top of this salad, which is spiked with a champagne vinaigrette.
- 2 beef Ranch Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons crushed mixed peppercorns (black, white, pink and green)
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground mixed peppercorns
Bring 1-inch water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add green beans, cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
Press 2 teaspoons peppercorns evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange peppers around steak. Grill steaks, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness. Grill peppers 7 to 11 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until crisp-tender, turning steaks and vegetables occasionally.
Carve steaks into thin slices. Cut peppers into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Season beef and vegetables with salt, as desired. Divide salad greens among four serving bowls; top evenly with vegetables. Arrange beef on salad. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
306 Calories; 16g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 71mg Cholesterol; 347mg Sodium; 15g Total carbohydrate; 25g Protein; 3.3mg Iron; 5.1mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 88mg Choline; 4.3mcg Vitamin B12; 6.8mg Zinc; 36.9mcg Selenium; 2.1g Fiber.307 Calories; 14g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 56mg Cholesterol; 351mg Sodium; 15g Total carbohydrate; 29g Protein; 2.5mg Iron; 8mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 102.7mg Choline; 1.6mcg Vitamin B12; 5.6mg Zinc; 32mcg Selenium; 2.1g Fiber.