Makes 4 servings
Tenderloin, Cranberry and Pear Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Ready in just 25 minutes, this will be a go-to for quick & nutritious weeknight meals.
- 4 beef Tenderloin Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 package (5 ounces) mixed baby salad greens
- 1 medium red or green pear, cored, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 1/2 cup prepared honey mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Season beef steaks with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile whisk Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top evenly with pear wedges and dried cranberries.
Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt as desired. Divide steak slices evenly over salads. Top each salad evenly with dressing, pecans and goat cheese, if desired.
Recipe and photo as seen in The Healthy Beef Cookbook, published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
332 Calories; 12g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 79mg Cholesterol; 256mg Sodium; 22g Total carbohydrate; 27g Protein; 3.7mg Iron; 5.5mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 75.4mg Choline; 3.9mcg Vitamin B12; 4.4mg Zinc; 24.2mcg Selenium; 3.4g Fiber.