- 4 leftover whole grain pancakes (plain or blueberry)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (2.5 ounce) packet bacon pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lite maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. If you do not have leftover pancakes, prepare pancakes as package recommends.
- Cut pancakes into small cubes. Blueberry pancakes taste great in this recipe.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, bacon pieces, egg and syrup. Mix together gently, but thoroughly. Next, add pancake pieces and combine.
- Form into small balls and place in a greased mini muffin tin. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Cook's Tip: These “Morning Mojo Meatballs” are a perfect way to make sure that you and your family are getting a breakfast that contains enough protein to keep them feeling satisfied. Make a batch on the weekend with leftover pancakes and freeze for the week! Serve with a side of Greek yogurt and fresh fruit for great added nutrition!
Recipe courtesy of the South Dakota Beef Industry Council's "The Beauty In The Beef" blog.
Nutrition information per serving (2-3 meatballs): 226 calories; 6.4 g fat (2.1 g saturated fat); 95.6 mg cholesterol; 246 mg sodium; 13 g carbohydrate; 1.0 g fiber; 21.5 g protein. This recipe is an excellent source of protein.