3 to 3 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
1 Reynolds Hot Bags Foil Bag, large size
2 cups peeled baby carrots
1 large onion, sliced
1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup Bloody Mary mix or spicy vegetable juice
1/2 cup red wine or water
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- PREHEAT gill to medium or oven to 450 degrees
- OPEN foil bag. Place roast in foil bag. Arrange carrots, onion, and celery around roast. Combine Bloody Mary mix, wine, onion soup mix, flour and pepper; spoon over vegetables.
- TO SEAL, double fold open end of foil bag. Place foil bag in a roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
- TO COOK, slide foil bag onto grill or leave foil bag in supporting pan and place in oven. The edges of the foil bag should not hang over the sides of the pan. GRILL 1 1/2 hours on medium in covered grill or BAKE 2 to 2 1/2 hours in supporting pan in oven.
- USE OVEN MITTS to cut open foil bag with a sharp knife. Carefully fold back top of foil bag, allowing steam to escape.
Recipe courtesy of www.reynoldskitchens.com